We are currently facing an unprecedented situation where the COVID-19 outbreak has had a tremendous impact not just on our health and safety, but business, trade and economy as well.
Keeping in mind the best interests of citizens, India is currently under a complete lockdown in a bid to contain the spread. Some of us may be isolated in the comfort of our homes, but there are so many out there, less privileged than us, who have nowhere to go and no means of livelihood. We owe it to the society to care about them and contribute in a meaningful way to reduce their hardships.
We may be practicing social distancing and operating remotely, but we have not forgotten our heroes on the frontlines. Allcargo, has risen to the nation’s call for help in these trying times and is contributing in various ways to mitigate the disruption caused by COVID-19.
- First and foremost, our employees have generously donated one day’s salary and our senior management pledged to double the amount. Consequently, we have made a donation of INR 1 crore to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund in Maharashtra that will provide assistance to affected individuals.
- In collaboration with Khushiyan Foundation we have distributed food packets in Bhiwandi and Thane to migrant labourers and daily wage earners who have lost their livelihood due to the lockdown and have no means of survival. An amount of INR 5 lakh has be donated for this cause.
- In our capital city, Delhi, which is also seeing a constant rise in COVID-19 cases, we are supporting the efforts carried out by the ISCKON Hare Krishna Temple through a contribution of INR 5 lakh. Food distribution for migrant labourers from various locations outside Delhi is being carried out through this initiative.
- Our CSR team, in collaboration with the Sion Hospital's Dean's Office and Head of Department, Social Work, is geared up to provide assistance to doctors and paramedics who are discharging their duties at Sion Hospital and Seven Hills Hospital. We will be coordinating financial support for medical materials and equipment for the treatment of patients.
- The CSR team recently collaborated with Lions Club Queen Necklace and is providing 74000 meals till end of the lockdown (3rd May 2020) to the needy and deserving segment of the society in Mumbai.
- Allcargo’s CFS team in Mundra have committed to donate food kits to about 2000 labours in the region of Mundra, Gandhidham and Kandla. Each CFS is donating 150 packets of grocery items like rice, pulses and oil. These food packets contain the basic requirements which can support the labours for at least 15 days.
Kudos to everyone for their heart-warming efforts!!